Thursday, June 28, 2012

"THE BIRTH OF MOTOR TOWN" (Lu-Pine Records 1959-1964)

"THE BIRTH OF MOTOR TOWN" (Lu-Pine Records 1959-1964): A raw and powerful garage soul compilation with a fine pedigree in it's artists, featuring the component parts of the Motor Town Sound - early 60's toe tapping dance beats, R&B, punchy soulful beat ballads, gospel blues.
Remembering Roots Of Soul - Birth Of Motor Town. Volume two in this series looks at the scene that provided the bedrock to Soul in Detroit. This metamorphosis of Doo Wop to Soul is epitomized by the group the Falcons who are strongly featured here. Features early recordings by Soul legends Eddie Floyd, Joe Stubbs, Bettye Lavette, Marv Johnson, & more.

trax:
1. That's What I Aim To Do - The Falcons 2. You Must Know I Love You - The Falcons 3. I'll Get Along - Marv Johnson & The Primettes 4. All I Need Is You - Marv Johnson & The Primettes 5. He's So Fine - The Corvells 6. Baby Sitting - The Corvells 7. Tell It To My Face - Bobby Williams 8. I'm Depending On You - Bobby Williams 9. My Baby - Mark Rice 10. Baby I'm Coming Home - Mark Rice 11. Tears of Sorrow - The Primettes 12. Pretty Baby - The Primettes 13. What's My Destiny - Joe Stubbs 14. Keep On Loving Me - Joe Stubbs 15. Witchcraft In The Air - Bettye LaVette 16. You Killed My Love - Bettye LaVette 17. You're On My Mind - Benny McCain 18. I Don't Want No Part Time Love - Benny McCain 19. I'm Her Yo Yo Man - Eddie Floyd 20. I'll Never Find Another Girl Like You - Eddie Floyd 21. Has It Happened To You Yet - The Falcons 22. Return of the Stagger Lee - Don Revel & The Primettes 23. Searching for my Baby - Al Garner & The Primettes 24. Baby Won't You Change Your Mind - Al Garner & The Primettes
...served by Gyro1966...