Monday, November 26, 2012

“If You Can’t Control Drug Use in a Maximum Security Prison How Could You Control Drugs in a Free Society?”

“If You Can’t Control Drug Use in a Maximum Security Prison How Could You Control Drugs in a Free Society?”:
Stan: I don’t understand that stuff at all, I need Morgan Freeman to explain it to me.

Jimmy: Yeah, I love when Morgan Freeman explains stuff.

Clyde: Whenever I’m confused about what’s going on in a movie, I’m always so relieved when Morgan Freeman shows up and explains the plot to me.
- South Park


From the above video’s description:
Narrated by Morgan Freeman, this groundbreaking new documentary uncovers the UN sanctioned war on drugs, charting its origins and its devastating impact on countries like the USA, Colombia and Russia. Featuring prominent statesmen including Presidents Clinton and Carter, the film follows The Global Commission on Drug Policy on a mission to break the political taboo and expose the biggest failure of global policy in the last 50 years. With special thanks to Mikki James, Jamie Burke and Drew Thomas for ‘She Wore Black’
Various ‘celebrities’ and politicians advocate “breaking the taboo” in another video on the YouTube channel promoting the film, which is advertised for general release on December 7th 2012.
The quote used for the headline of this piece features in the video and is spoken by Anthony Papa.